It is quite common for iTunes to get launched automatically, especially when you connect your iPhone/iPad with a desktop or Mac. This automatic launch settings can create mess a lot of times for us. Because sometimes we do not have to do anything with the iTunes and hence, we need to uncheck the option which helps in stopping the iTunes from opening automatically.
How to prevent iTunes from opening automatically
So next time when you connect your iPhone or iPad with your desktop, laptop or Mac, note down the following steps to uncheck the iTunes launch option automatically. Save yourself from getting annoyed with this simple procedure.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad using a USB cable to the desktop, laptop or Mac.
- As soon you connect your device, you will find the iTunes pop-up, which is as usual launched automatically without your permission.
- When the iTunes is successfully launched on the desktop or Mac screen, view the options carefully over the left side of the panel.
- You will find an iPhone icon appearing just below the top iTunes menu bar.
- Click on the iPhone icon to view the settings options.
- The first option itself needs to be unchecked, i.e. ‘Automatically Sync When the iPhone is Connected.’
- After unchecking the particular option, click on ‘Done’ to save the settings successfully.
Once you have successfully saved the settings, you won’t find the iTunes getting automatically launched on the desktop or Mac after connecting it with your iPhone or iPad.