There is nothing worse than deleting important files unknowingly. Everyone faces this troublesome situation one or the other day. Losing an important file containing useful information is devastating. If you are a Mac user and have deleted an important file by mistake, then the bad news is that there is no undelete feature in Mac. You may think that you will never be able to recover that precious file which got deleted from your Mac. But wait as we will help you get that file back.
Fortunately, there is a simple way to recover deleted files on MacBook Pro, Air and iMac. This simple and easy process will hardly take two or three minutes, but can save you from huge troubles.
Here is how you can recover Deleted Files on Mac OS Mojave, Sierra, High Sierra and El Capitan
- For this, you need to use the Apple’s Time Machine app which comes pre-installed on your Mac.
- You must have set up the Time Machine when setting up your Mac for the very first time.
- Go to the Mac menu bar and then Click on the Time Machine Menu.
- Now choose Enter Time Machine option.
- Click the arrow which is present near the Finder Window. Now navigate to the time when the file was undeleted.
- On reaching the backup time go to finder app and then search for that particular file.
- On finding the file you want to recover press the Spacebar button to preview it. If it’s the same which you want to recover, click on the restore button to restore the file to the current time.
- The file will now get restored. You can now find it in the Finder App
Done! You have successfully recovered the file which you have deleted by mistake.